We are delighted to announce that Turloughmore medical centre is now providing free contraceptive services for women aged 17-25 (as per HSE announcement on 14/9/22)
What contraception costs are free for women aged 17-25?
- Any GP/nurse appointments about your contraceptive options
- Contraception prescriptions from your GP (at participating pharmacies). This includes all contraception except the copper coil)
- Emergency contraception (morning after pill)
- Fitting, removal and check-ups of coils and implants (LARCs / long-acting reversible contraceptives)
- Other types of contraception including the ora contraceptive pill, contraceptive injections, the contraceptive patch and the contraceptive vaginal ring
Please contact us at 091797106 to arrange a consultation. Please note that the HSE scheme only covers consultations about contraception and that consultations about other issues will be subject to usual fees.